This is a current cultural meme…therefore I am conforming to social stereotypes ….and also sharing it so you can conform too..
01. First concert – Be Bop Deluxe – Oxford New Theatre January 30th 1977 two days after my 18th birthday apparently.
02. Last concert – Del Barber (Americana) at The Chapel Angel Brewery Nottingham a day after my birthday 29th January 2023 inbetween a good few gigs in 46 years!
03. Next concert – Comet is Coming Rock City in March (maybe)
04. Worst concert – The nIghtingales at Bodega last year. Only gig I ever actually walked out before the end. I liked them back in the day when I saw them at the Living Room now they heavy metal driven by the worst screetching drummer in world.
05. Loudest concert – The Associates supported by orange Juice (first London gigs 1980?) at Marquee as was left deaf for two days still have tinnitus thanks to The Associates
06. Best Concert – The Clash supported by Joe Ely Camden Electric Ballroom 1981? Second best Tom Verlaine solo at same venue.
07. Seen the most – my freind Pete Astor and his bands….40 odd years so lost count how many times be in region of 40 +?
08. Most surprising – Flaming Lips supporting Mercury Rev at Brookes University Oxford when never heard of them..balloons…lots of colour..
09. Happy I got to see – Long list including above but not nightingales of course ..The Triffids, Fire Engines, Go-Betweens. Tav Falco Panther Burns at Jericho Tavern Oxford, Dave Alvin, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Archie Shepp being mardy, Anne Peebles and Memphis Horns, Eddie Floyd and Booker T and the Mgs, Alex Chilton, the Feelies, Television, Warren Zevon, John Prine, missed Joy Division last gig because said no see them next time..1981 ULU.
10. Best Festival – Glastonbury 1987 driven down by Douglas of Mary Chain was backstage watching Felt, Triffids, Weather Prophets….on Indie stage. main stage was Trouble Funk, Van Morrison Elvis Costello I remember Gregson Collister in acoustic tent.
Only been to three festivals in life second best was Greenbelt Christian festival saw Peter Case and band in a big top followed by Sweet Honey in the Rock. Tom Russell and Bruce Cockburn solo.
Third and last was Reading Festival for an afternoon saw Pavement then Kevin Rowland in a dress being bottled.